I know there are thousands of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, because there is no one recipe to do the category justice. And, let's face it, we all have our preference when it comes to the chocolate chip cookie. Some like them crispy, some like them soft and some like a combination of the two. I am in the second category. I absolutely love soft chocolate chip cookies!
It took me years to find a soft chocolate chip cookie recipe that I absolutely loved. I have done the work for you, and am proud to present you with the best soft cookie recipe I have ever had! I know that is a bold statement, but it is every bit true.
Not only are the cookies amazing, but you have to accidentally taste some of the dough!
The vanilla pudding mix is the key ingredient to making these cookies so soft. They will practically melt in your mouth! They are also the perfect balance of chocolate with the mix of the semi sweet chips and the milk chocolate M&M's.
There is only one thing left to do...run to your kitchen and make these! And then curl up with a tall glass of milk and enjoy :)
Soft Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies, adapted from Averie Cooks
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, brought to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix (not sugar-free and not 'cook & serve')
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate M&M's mixed into the dough and 1/2 cup for putting on top of dough mounds
Yields: 15-18 Cookies
- Bring the butter and egg to room temperature. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugars on medium-high for about 5 minutes. To the mixture, add the egg and vanilla, and beat on medium-high until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the stand mixer and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the chocolate chips, 3/4 cup M&Ms, and mix by hand until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Using a large cookie scoop, form 15-18 equal-sized mounds of dough. Put them on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Once the cookies have chilled, preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet). Bake for 11-15 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!