The Super Bowl is this weekend, and I don't know about you, but I am always more excited for the food than the actual game. Pizza is usually a staple at most Super Bowl parties, so I decided to recreate a very easy and delicious version of it. This roasted Brussels sprouts and prosciutto flatbread recipe comes together so quickly and you can even assemble it ahead of time and pop into the oven at game time! When the Super Bowl has come and gone, this recipe also makes for the perfect appetizer, afternoon snack or dinner.
I started by roasting the Brussels sprouts in the oven with a sprinkling of olive oil and salt and pepper. I roasted them at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, until they were golden brown and crispy on the edges. You can either roast them right before you put them on the flatbread or you can do this step ahead of time. I also used store bought Naan bread which made it incredibly easy and was the perfect foundation for all the yummy toppings!
I lightly brushed some olive oil on the Naan and then I layered lots of yummy cheese on top. I used the quattro formaggio shredded cheese blend from Trader Joe's but you could also use shredded fontina cheese. The quattro formaggio cheese blend is my favorite whenever I make pizza. Lastly, I topped it with a few thin slices of prosciutto and the roasted Brussels sprouts. In only takes about 7-10 minutes in the oven until it's ready!
Once the cheese has melted, and your kitchen smells amazing, it is time to remove it from the oven. Since the Naan bread isn't shaped into a perfect circle, I cut it into strips. You could also bake off a couple of these and cut them into smaller squares if you're feeding a crowd.
When I tested out this recipe, I surprised my husband when he got home from work and he absolutely loved it! Needless to say, there was not a scrap leftover on our plates. I hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as we do!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Prosciutto Flatbread Recipe
- 1 piece of Naan bread (I used this brand)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup quattro formaggio shredded cheese blend, or 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup oven roasted brussels sprouts, halved
- 2-3 thinly sliced pieces prosciutto, broken into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the top of the Naan bread with olive oil.
- On a baking sheet, scatter the tops of the Naan with the cheese, Brussels sprouts and prosciutto. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 7-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and dust with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Slice on a bias and serve and enjoy!
*This recipe was adapted from this original recipe.