Nothing screams Summer like a cool sweet treat! Growing up, I must have had at least 1 popsicle a day to get me through the Summer heat. I wanted to find a recipe that not only tasted great but one that I wouldn't feel guilty enjoying all Summer long. These greek yogurt and peach popsicles are definitely it for me.
Besides the fact that I love peaches, these popsicles were inspired by a recent trip to my local farmers market. There were peaches and nectarines spilling out of barrels and were as sweet as can be. I took a full bag home, and knew that I had to make something amazing with them.
The hardest part about making this recipe is waiting until they freeze! Otherwise, you just throw all of the ingredients in a blender similarly to a smoothie and let it do its magic for you.
If you are looking for a sweet treat to keep you cool this Summer, these popsicles need to be stocked in your freezer at all times! This recipe is so versatile, you can add any fruit you fancy.
Greek Yogurt and Peach Popsicles, adapted from this recipe
- 3 cups of peaches, halved, pitted and roughly chopped (or fruit of choice)
- 1/2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 Tbs. honey
- Place peaches, lemon juice, almond milk, greek yogurt and honey into a vitamix blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about 1/2 inch of room at the top for freezing expansion add popsicle sticks.
- Place in freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours. To remove from molds, just run a little warm water over the outside until they come loose.
Note: I used this popsicle mold but use whatever you've got on hand!