Over the past few years I have truly grown to love and appreciate the Fall season. I used to be sad when Summer came to a close, but not when you have this amazing season to look forward to. Aside from pulling out the warmer clothes and hitting up the pumpkin patch, I also love to prepare my kitchen for the change of the season. There's nothing like that first loaf of pumpkin bread, pot of soup or gathering of friends in your indoor vs. outdoor dining space. Below are my ten essentials.
1. Decorate with the natural elements of the season. I love to include pumpkins, leaves, acorns or whatever I can find in my backyard.
2. Stock your kitchen with seasonal fruits and vegetables. Some of my favorites are apples, pears, sweet potatoes, squash and figs.
3. Dust off your favorite cooking pot or dutch oven for roasting and soups.
4. Cook with seasonal spices and herbs: pumpkin spice, chili powder, cumin, oregano, sage and thyme.
5. Make more time to gather around the table.
6. Switch up your linens: napkins, dish towels, table clothes and table runners.
7. Stock up your pantry with soups and cooking stocks.
8. Restock your supply of candles to cozy up your table: pillar, tea, and tapered candles.
9. Replenish your coffee and tea.
10. Cozy up your dining table with throw pillows and blankets for the cool mornings and evenings gathered around the table.
I hope you consider some of these essentials for your kitchen this Fall season! I would love to know what you do to prepare for the season? Be sure to comment below or on my Instagram.