Almost two years ago I traveled to Seattle, WA to attend the Sinclair and Moore floral design workshop. Each morning we were greeted with a yummy yogurt and granola bar which left a lasting impression and inspired me to recreate my own at home. I came up with a delicious and easy grain-free granola recipe paired with Meyer lemon yogurt and all the fresh fruit you like! I am also sharing all of the sources for the serving bowls, trays, and linens so you can easily make this for your next event. It is perfect for Easter brunch, a bridal or baby shower, or anytime you are entertaining a crowd.
I started by making a big batch of my homemade granola (recipe below). I made this granola recipe with this exact yogurt bar in mind so I could control the sweetness against all the other components. It is a great recipe to serve to a crowd since it's gluten and dairy free and lightly sweetened. It's also incredibly amazing served on its own!
To make the Meyer lemon yogurt, I simply mixed regular plain yogurt with Meyer lemon curd. You can also just serve the plain yogurt and a dish of the Meyer lemon curd so guests can control their own sweetness. I absolutely love the flavor the lemon curd adds!
I pulled out all of my favorite white serving dishes from Bellisimo Decor Store to serve everything in. These dishes are definitely a staple in our house! I use these dishes for everything from food displays to flowers arrangements, and leave out on display in our living room year round.
It's really fun to let your guests assemble their own bowl to see what kind of creations they come up with! I love to add all of the toppings to mine to get the sweetness from the fruit, slight tartness from the lemon curd and the salty sweet crunch from the granola.
Whatever upcoming Spring entertaining you have, I hope you give this yogurt bar a try! I would love to know what you think, so be sure to leave a comment below or on my Instagram. Cheers to kicking off the Spring season!
Grain- Free Granola Recipe
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Maldon salt, more for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roughly chop the cashews and almonds. In a bowl, combine the cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey together for 40-50 seconds. Add to the nut mixture, and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring once, until the mixture is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Stir in the salt.
- Press the granola mixture together to form a flat, even surface. Cool for about 15 minutes, and then break into chunks. Sprinkle with additional salt (optional). Store in an airtight container or resealable bag.